The Keith Campbell Foundation for the Environment is delighted to announce the addition of a new staff position of Tech Specialist. This is a full time, remote position that will provide support to the Assistant to the President of the Foundation in executing and extending the Foundation’s comprehensive IT strategy.
The Tech Specialist will be responsible for a wide range of technical support and projects, including direct support to staff, vendor management, and buildouts/implementations of our Salesforce-based grants management system. We are seeking a highly organized, administrative level tech expert with extensive Salesforce experience. The Tech Specialist will be supporting two office locations with six staff in San Francisco, CA and Annapolis, MD, both with employees frequently working remotely.
The Campbell Foundation was established in 1998 to improve the conditions of America’s largest and most ecologically diverse and productive estuary systems: the Chesapeake and Atlantic Coastal Bays. In 2003, Keith expanded the geographic focus of The Campbell Foundation to include California and the San Francisco Bay watershed under the leadership of his daughter and the Foundation’s President, Samantha Campbell.
Deadline for Applications – April 29, 2019
Click here to apply.
- Proactive work ethic, highly self-motivated; capacity to work independently, but still take direction and work with existing systems
- A strong systems orientation and natural curiosity, with a track record of improving and enhancing existing technologies
- Exceptional project management skills, with a demonstrated ability to take ownership of complex projects from conception to fruition
- Able to prioritize multiple deadlines decisively and quickly; strong time management skills
- An approach to problem-solving that demonstrates a collaborative mindset to seeking positive resolution
- Hyper-organized and detail-oriented
- Strong active listening and communication skills and a customer service orientation
Job Duties, Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide hands-on Salesforce.com (and Salesforce.com-related technology) customization and configuration to the Grants Management System
- Prepare and maintain project management timelines
- Maintain data integrity, including clean up and data migration/entry
- Maintain website
- Keep informed of tools and current thinking in field
Tech Support & Equipment
- Maintain and replace all hardware and software as needed
- Develop processes and standards for hardware, software and services
- Configure and administer all user accounts for all software
- Provide training to staff on technology, including developing written training materials and policies
- Ensure information security within all IT and mobile communications related activities
- Make recommendations for all software and hardware purchases
- Serve as the primary liaison with the Foundation’s outsourced IT firms
This position does not have administrative support, so the employee is responsible for managing their own calendar, travel, time tracking, expenses, and work plan.
- 5+ years experience in an information technology position where you have developed admin level skills in wide range of tools, per the list below
- 3+ years experience with Salesforce.com customization and configuration
- 1+ years experience with foundationConnect a bonus
- Salesforce.com Administrator Certification or Consultant Certification
Windows and Mac OS, iOS devices, Parallels or other virtualization software, LastPass or other password manager, Zoho Assist or other remote access tool, Meraki or other MDM/inventor, various additional OS maintenance apps
And related technologies such as foundationConnect, Nonprofit Success Pack, Lightning, Communities, Paradot other marketing automation app, Nintex/Drawloop or other management, admin apps such as GridBuddy, SuperClone and Field Trip
Office Suite, Box, SmartSheet or other project management software, Acrobat, Concur/TripIt, Evernote, Survey Monkey, Cascade or other strategic plan reporting software, photo editing, Zapier or other integration tool
Third party exchange hosting and O365, Barracuda email security, Zoom, RingCentral, Word Press or other web content management system, MindMeister or other mind mapping, Jing or other screencast tool
Human Resource Software
BambooHR or other time tracking, Breezy or other applicant tracking system, Checkr or other background check system, GoalSpan or other performance evaluation
Occasional domestic travel, primarily to tech conferences
Constant utilization of remote work capabilities
DOE and location, based on an industry-standard salary survey
In addition to working to effect positive change in the watersheds of the Chesapeake Bay and California, the Campbell Foundation offers exceptional benefits including medical, dental, vision, 403(b) retirement plan, generous paid time off, tuition assistance, exercise reimbursement, matching gifts, and state of the art technology tools.
When and how to apply
Applications for the Tech Specialist position are being accepted through April 29, 2019. Click here to apply.
FTE Status/Hours per week
Full time, 40 hours per week, non-exempt
We ask for the following to be submitted along with the online application:
- Resume and cover letter
- Educational background
- Technical skills overview – A list of all software tools you have expertise in, the length of time you’ve been a user, and whether you assess yourself as a beginner, intermediate, advanced or admin level user
- Professional statement, no longer than 500 words in length, that highlights how your professional background supports innovation and the Foundation’s ability to solve complex problems
Writing samples, video interviews, skills test, and background/reference checks are required of final candidates for this position.